Man killed in Enfield ‘over car row’ in bloody weekend in London

Man killed in Enfield ‘over car row’ in bloody weekend in London

A young man stabbed to death in the car park of a housing estate was one of four people to lose their lives in four days of bloodshed in London.

Residents said the 26-year-old victim was attacked after reportedly confronting a neighbour who he had allegedly seen “kicking” his BMW in the early hours in Enfield yesterday.

He was pronounced dead after police and paramedics were called to Purcell House, a tower block in Holbrook Close, at 12.40am.

A 43-year-old man was today being questioned on suspicion of murder. Officers were not seeking anyone else over the incident.

Neighbours said the white BMW, marked with the victim’s blood, was taken away for forensic tests.

A witness said: “It all started when a guy kicked the BMW. The owner shouted for him to stop. They scuffled and it looked like it was all over. But then it kicked off again and the guy was stabbed.”

He added: “The guy who was killed was lovely. He was a very hard-working young man. He was always smart and would be kind and polite to neighbours.

“His family are chauffeurs I believe. He was successful and proud of his achievements. He had even bought his mother her own house.”

About 20 minutes before the killing, police received a call from the 43-year-old man alleging an assault. As a result of this call, the Met’s Directorate of Professional Standards has been informed.

A separate murder investigation was launched today after a 47-year-old man died in a suspected hit-and-run in Dagenham.

Police were called to a car park in Whalebone Lane South at 11.43pm last night after reports of a collision. The victim died at the scene.

Police believe the man was hit by a car. Detective Chief Inspector Mark Wrigley said: “We need to hear from anyone who was in the area at the time and saw anything suspicious.”

There have been no arrests.

It came after a man in his sixties was stabbed to death at a block of flats in Wembley at 10am on Saturday.

Police said that while officers were fighting to save his life, a suspect barricaded himself into an address in Barnhill Road.

After a period of negotiation, he refused to comply with officers’ instructions and was Tasered. The man, 45, was arrested on suspicion of murder.

Daniel Bytyci, 18, died on Thursday, two weeks after being stabbed at Montesole Playing Fields in Pinner on August 26. Two 15-year-old boys were due to appear at the Old Bailey today.